At the beginning of the film it seems that Mikey and Mouth are the most proud to be Goonies. Chunk describes the Goonies as rejects who go on Mikey's adventures. In a deleted scene Troy mocks the Goonies and says that they can't tell him what to do. Andy doesn't consider herself a Goonie, but when she sticks with them Troy shouts that she is one.
In another deleted scene, Mikey leads Andy in taking the Goonie Oath:
- I will never betray my Goon Dock friends.
- We will stick together until the whole world ends,
- Through heaven and hell and nuclear war,
- Good pals like us will stick like tar,
- In the city, or the country, or the forest, or the boonies,
- I am proudly declared a fellow Goonie.
After that at the Bone Piano trap, Mikey reassures Andy that Goonies always make mistakes.